The Facilities Housing Operations provides comprehensive building, custodial and landscape maintenance services for San Francisco State University Housing, Dining, and Conference Services (HDCS) properties. Our team of dedicated employees strive to continually improve campus properties and respond promptly to serve the needs of the community. Facilities Housing is involved in all stages of housing repair, maintenance, construction and renovation.
What We Do
Routine & Emergency Custodial and Maintenance Services and Repairs
The Facilities Services Housing Operations team is committed to responding to requests for repairs and maintenance for San Francisco State University residential properties. The Facilities Services Customer Service Center (CSC) staff is responsible for dispatching the appropriate skilled trades to resolve service requests, assist in creating service requests, as well as addressing any questions or concerns about the status of service requests.
How to Request Services
There are two ways to request services:
1. Submit a service request online at SF State FacilitiesLink.
- For additional information about how to submit a service request, please visit our Service Requests page.
2. Contact our Customer Service Center (CSC) representatives. Representatives can be reached seven (7) days a week from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m at (415) 338-1568 or (415) 405-0579.
- For more information about service requests, including content, prioritization and service timelines, please visit Service Request Information, Prioritization and Timelines.
For emergencies involving life, safety and/or property damage, please immediately contact the University Police Department Dispatch at (415) 338-7200.
Helpful Information for Commonly Encountered Maintenance Issues
We are constantly looking for ways to help you through any maintenance challenges you may experience while you are living in our facilities. We have staff available to assist, and have also included some helpful information on our Facilities Housing FAQ page which is intended to guide you through some quick maintenance tips.
- Electrical Information
- Tripped Breakers
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI)
- Lock Out Information
- Plumbing Information
General Facilities Information While Living on Campus
Following you will find some general information about the facilities in campus housing. Please use the following link, which provides additional information about what to expect, at General Information While Living on Campus page. The information includes:
- Smoke Detectors and Fire Suppression Systems
- Coastal Environments
- Pest Control
- Entry of Housing Units
- Waste Management: Garbage and Recycling
- Custodial Services
- Laundry Facilities