Facilities Services Customer Service Center - Cesar Chavez Day Holiday Update
Operating Hours during the Cesar Chavez Day Holiday - Friday, 03/31/2023
- The Facilities Services Customer Service Center (CSC) will be operating on a modified schedule for the Cesar Chavez Day Holiday on Friday, 03/31/2023. The physical office will be closed, and service representatives will be available via phone and email from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- The CSC will fully reopen the office and resume its regular operating schedule starting 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 1, 2023.
- If you have an urgent service request, please contact UPD Dispatch at (415) 338-7200 for assistance. UPD will advance priority service issues to our on-call staff, where appropriate.
- For emergencies involving life, safety and/or property damage, please immediately contact the University Police Department at (415) 338-2222.
Facilities Services: Emergencies, Operating Hours, Protocols, and COVID-19 Mitigation Efforts
Facilities Services strives to support the University in all aspects of its service delivery through innovative stewardship of campus assets and resources. Our facilities operations support is intended to ensure for safe, efficient unit operations and customer experience. Following is some important and useful operations information for your reference.
For emergencies involving life, safety, and/or property damage, please immediately contact the University Police Department Dispatch at (415) 338-7200.
The Customer Service Center operational schedule is as follows:
- Facilities Services continues to have an on-site presence with reduced staffing levels.
- The Customer Service Center provides services from Monday to Friday between 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. and Saturday to Sunday between 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. Please note that after hours Facilities customer service center calls are automatically routed to the UPD dispatch center. The online service request process will be responded to following customary standard operating procedures.
- Facilities Trades staff continue to respond to essential service requests received from the SF State community (service requests that can wait-will).
COVID-19 Mitigation Protocol for In-Person Services
Maintaining the health and safety of our employees and customers is Facilities Services' top priority. Accordingly, please note the following protocols requested of our customers as part of safeguarding the health and safety of all.
- In order to best protect our customers and Facilities Services staff, masks/face coverings and 6 feel social distancing will be required before our maintenance team members will enter a unit/university space.
- For residential customers, please be out of your unit while any repairs are taking place. If this is not possible, please relocate to a separate enclosed space within the apartment until Facilities Services personnel have completed their work.
- Customers who are unable or unwilling to follow this protocol will not receive service at such time and will be rescheduled to a mutually agreed upon date and time.
Building Ventilation and Filtration & Cleaning Practices
Facilities Services has and continues to take steps to ensure the campus ventilation and filtration systems and cleaning practices provide appropriate COVID-19 risk mitigation. To learn more about how we are managing the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems in our buildings and cleaning practices in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit our FAQ page.
Associate Vice President, Facilities Services
Phone: (415) 405-3835
Robert Andrews received his primary degree in Communications from CSU Long Beach and is presently serving as the Associate Vice President of Facilities Services at San Francisco State University. Beginning in 1997, Robert’s career has assisted both CSU San Jose, first as Custodial Service Manager and CSU East Bay since 2009 as Director. He has supported all elements for Facilities Services during this period. Outside affiliations have included APPA, Baldrige, and California Council for Quality Excellence. Robert has been an instructor for the greater CSU and nationally guiding the supervisor’s toolkit training. He served as Baldrige judge reviewing and supporting State Best Practices. Serving two times as Regional President for PCAPPA, Robert believes the CSU is a national leader providing opportunity for others to learn from.
Collaboration is critical for successful outcomes and listening to others allows for pathways forward. Robert has assisted several other CSU facilities departments develop their knowledge while serving as a mentor. He is presently serving with this year’s Teamster Contractual negotiations process. We produce some of the finest students and Facilities Operations staff plays a key role in this endeavor.
Department Org Chart
Facilities Services (FS) is committed to supporting the University, ensuring for a quality environment in which to attract and retain top level students, staff and faculty. We are committed to ensuring the campus infrastructure meets the highest safety, aesthetic and sustainability standards in keeping with San Francisco State's culture, educational mission and student experience. It does so by creating, supporting and maintaining campus infrastructure, while providing customer-centric quality of services that are responsive and efficient.
To maintain facilities that attract and retain top level students, staff and faculty while providing a safe excellent learning, living and working environment.
Every day, approximately 280 Facilities Services employees make their way to San Francisco State, in support of the University’s mission. Facilities Services is committed to providing high quality stewardship of the University’s academic campus, including 14 major academic and administrative buildings, quasi-auxiliary and auxiliary buildings, and University Housing.
Facilities Services' operational scope encompasses:
- 4.4 million gross square feet
- 144 acres of land at the main campus in southwest San Francisco
- 34 acres of land at the University’s Estuary & Ocean Science Center at Romberg Tiburon Campus along the shore of San Francisco Bay in Marin County
- The Downtown Campus located at 160 Spear Street, Suite 1220
- Other University-owned properties in or around San Francisco
Facilities Services is responsible for maintaining the University buildings and grounds, ensuring they meet high aesthetic and sustainability standards, in keeping with San Francisco State's overall culture and educational mission. Facilities Services provides smooth day-to-day operations of campus facilities and grounds as well as the Central Utilities Plant that provides all campus utilities — water and heat, electricity, and sewage services — to the academic campus. The division values safety, comfort and efficiency and strives to respond quickly to routine maintenance issues that arise, as well as to building-related or campus emergencies. The division is a major participant in San Francisco State's Emergency Preparedness planning, partnering with the University Police Department (UPD), Environment, Health & Safety (EHS), Parking & Transportation, and many other campus units as needed to respond to incidents and continue critical campus operations.
Facilities Services is comprised of the following units:
- Customer Service Center
- Custodial Services and Waste Management
- Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance
- Structural Maintenance
- Facilities Operations - Housing
- Facilities Operations - Estuary & Ocean Science Center
- Business Unit (Human Resources and Finance)