Campus Key Module Announcement
Facilities Services is pleased to announce the launch of the Campus Key Module, an application within FacilitiesLink (Metabim). This application allows for seamless, online submission of key requests to Facilities Services via Metabim and includes the tracking of request submission, as well as automated notification of key pick up. The key service request submission is located at https://sfsu.metabim.com.
Facilities Services: Emergencies, Operating Hours, Protocols, and COVID-19 Mitigation Efforts
Facilities Services strives to support the University in all aspects of its service delivery through innovative stewardship of campus assets and resources. Our facilities operations support is intended to ensure for safe, efficient unit operations and customer experience. Following is some important and useful operations information for your reference.
For emergencies involving life, safety, and/or property damage, please immediately contact the University Police Department Dispatch at (415) 338-7200.
The Customer Service Center operational schedule is as follows:
- Facilities Services continues to have an on-site presence with reduced staffing levels.
- The Customer Service Center provides services from Monday to Friday between 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. and Saturday to Sunday between 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. Please note that after hours Facilities customer service center calls are automatically routed to the UPD dispatch center. The online service request process will be responded to following customary standard operating procedures.
- Facilities Trades staff continue to respond to essential service requests received from the SF State community (service requests that can wait-will).
COVID-19 Mitigation Protocol for In-Person Services
Maintaining the health and safety of our employees and customers is Facilities Services' top priority. Accordingly, please note the following protocols requested of our customers as part of safeguarding the health and safety of all.
- In order to best protect our customers and Facilities Services staff, masks/face coverings and 6 feel social distancing will be required before our maintenance team members will enter a unit/university space.
- For residential customers, please be out of your unit while any repairs are taking place. If this is not possible, please relocate to a separate enclosed space within the apartment until Facilities Services personnel have completed their work.
- Customers who are unable or unwilling to follow this protocol will not receive service at such time and will be rescheduled to a mutually agreed upon date and time.
Building Ventilation and Filtration & Cleaning Practices
Facilities Services has and continues to take steps to ensure the campus ventilation and filtration systems and cleaning practices provide appropriate COVID-19 risk mitigation. To learn more about how we are managing the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems in our buildings and cleaning practices in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit our FAQ page.
Interim Associate Vice President of Facilities Services
Avinash has 25 years of public and private sector experience and a strong background in engineering and management. He received a Master’s degree in Management from Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, a Master’s degree in Engineering from the University of Toledo, and a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. He is also an IFMA Certified Facility Management Professional and Sustainability Facility Professional. He provided Leadership in facilities management, strategic planning, business services, finance, human resources, IT, safety, compliance, and operational aspects of the University’s physical environment. Before joining San Francisco State University, he has served as Executive Director for Facilities Planning & Construction, Interim Executive for Facilities Operations for Prairie View A &M University, Assistant Director for Facilities Operations at the University of Houston, Assistant Director at Washington University in St Louis School of Medicine and Vice President of Avighna Business Advisors LLC. Avinash has two kids and enjoys traveling in his free time.
Avinash has presented at various international and national conferences hosted by IFMA, FMA, and Gulf Coast Green on sustainability and Leadership & collaboration. He also gave visiting lectures on financial management and controls at Florida A&M University.
Department Org Chart
Facilities Services (FS) is committed to supporting the University, ensuring for a quality environment in which to attract and retain top level students, staff and faculty. We are committed to ensuring the campus infrastructure meets the highest safety, aesthetic and sustainability standards in keeping with San Francisco State's culture, educational mission and student experience. It does so by creating, supporting and maintaining campus infrastructure, while providing customer-centric quality of services that are responsive and efficient.
To maintain facilities that attract and retain top level students, staff and faculty while providing a safe excellent learning, living and working environment.
Every day, approximately 280 Facilities Services employees make their way to San Francisco State, in support of the University’s mission. Facilities Services is committed to providing high quality stewardship of the University’s academic campus, including 14 major academic and administrative buildings, quasi-auxiliary and auxiliary buildings, and University Housing.
Facilities Services' operational scope encompasses:
- 4.4 million gross square feet
- 144 acres of land at the main campus in southwest San Francisco
- 34 acres of land at the University’s Estuary & Ocean Science Center at Romberg Tiburon Campus along the shore of San Francisco Bay in Marin County
- The Downtown Campus located at 160 Spear Street, Suite 1220
- Other University-owned properties in or around San Francisco
Facilities Services is responsible for maintaining the University buildings and grounds, ensuring they meet high aesthetic and sustainability standards, in keeping with San Francisco State's overall culture and educational mission. Facilities Services provides smooth day-to-day operations of campus facilities and grounds as well as the Central Utilities Plant that provides all campus utilities — water and heat, electricity, and sewage services — to the academic campus. The division values safety, comfort and efficiency and strives to respond quickly to routine maintenance issues that arise, as well as to building-related or campus emergencies. The division is a major participant in San Francisco State's Emergency Preparedness planning, partnering with the University Police Department (UPD), Environment, Health & Safety (EHS), Parking & Transportation, and many other campus units as needed to respond to incidents and continue critical campus operations.
Facilities Services has seven functional areas that include:
- Facilities Operations - Campus
- Facilities Operations - Housing
- Custodial Services and Waste Management
- Customer Service Center
- Facilities Operations - Estuary & Ocean Science Center
- Business Unit (Human Resources and Finance)