The Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Shop is responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of all campus heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment. This team of skilled craftsmen oversees the daily management of the campus buildings and maintains the air temperature and quality in the building interiors.
Our goal is to maintain a building environment that is conducive to work and study by ensuring HVAC system reliability, comfortable building temperature control and sound indoor air quality, while also helping to ensure for HVAC systems that are cost effective and energy efficient.
In addition, Building Service Engineers (BSEs) respond to life safety issues across the main San Francisco State campus.
- Respond to client requests regarding their thermal comfort
- Maintain and repair the water and steam distribution systems for the campus
- Maintain steam boilers, air compressors, supply fans, heat exchangers, etc.
- Repair, install and maintain all types of refrigeration systems and equipment, such as central air conditioning, food refrigeration and freezer facilities and equipment
Request for Maintenance Service
If you are experiencing a maintenance-related problem, please contact the Facilities Services Customer Service Center (CSC). They can be contacted as follows:
- Routine maintenance service requests can be submitted online via SF State FacilitiesLink
- For emergency issues, please contact the CSC at (415) 338-1568 or (415) 405-0579